Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

insurance quotes for a 250?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by skarekrow, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Hi all!
    First post after lurking for a week reading the info here. Excellent stuff!
    But i need some help.
    I have a kawasaki klx250 that i just bought (brand new) and was hunting around for comprehensive insurance quotes.
    i rang suncorp yesterday and they quoted me $507 a year. Ouch. Most expensive so far. And commonwealth don’t do bikes at all, they recommended NRMA.

Shannons want $454 a year. Motorcycle insurance (western QBE) want $385. With NRMA its $332. Just checked that one, not bad really. Is there any that people prefer to use, or have good/bad experiences with?

Thanks for your help!

2. Hi, Firstly, welcome to the forum and hope you have fun here and on your new bike.

There are a few things you should do to make life easy and smooth for
    all of us :
    - pop over to the welcome area and introduce yourself

- do a search for 'insurance' and read what comes up, there is a wealth
    of info

- ring for some quotes with your own circumstances, because everyone's
    life is different and you will not have the same "best" as anyone else

- pay attention to what you get for your money (read the PDS from
    the company). Two kinds of insurance can be as different as two kinds of motorbike. Some will suit you, some won't.

It's a learning curve, but as you'll find here, almost everyone enjoys
    curves. :grin: :grin: :grin:

3. I would suggest checking out Swann Insurance. Seemed to tick all of my boxes and wasnt particularly expensive.

4. If you click on the "Garage" button on the top of your screen (Near your Profile button) it will take you to the garage where you can select the "Insurance Review" link.

Enjoy. :)

5. Yeah Hi!

Are you gonna lock this thread mods?