Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Insurance Question

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Supafly7981, May 5, 2010.

1. Hi guys!

I have just purchased my first road bike 3 weeks ago and a week into having my bike which happens to be an 07 RS125 Lorenzo replica I was following a group of riders on a very wet twisty peice of road. I ran wide to avoid being in a huge puddle and went off into grass. I wasnt going very quickly when the bike dopped but I cracked the front fairing the side fairing, blinker, rear cowl and scratched the tank.
    The bike is insured for 8K with Swann insurance at the moment and the assessor is coming to view the bike next Monday. They have quoted $5500 for the repair work which to me seems a bit rich to be honest but I dont want them to write off my bike as its a real beauty and I dont really want to go through the hassle of finding another one.

Any thoughts as to what may happen and what your experiences were with Swann.

Im not to fussed about insurance premiums as I understand that its going to go up. I just want my bike fixed.

2. I suggest you try the search as this question comes up all the time.
    A also moved your post from general discussion to a more appropriate forum.
  3. Sorry Smee. First time on the site
  4. No problem just trying to steer you in the right direction :)
  5. & 12-18 weeks for Aprilia to get the parts in, no doubt! :rofl:

Welcome to the world of shiny plastic motorcycle ownership!

That bill is pretty normal I suspect. How much is your excess?

You could always cut your losses & streetfighter it.