Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Insurance Payout...finally!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by kiss_the_future, Jul 22, 2005.

1. If any of you remember my post "Need Some Help" regarding my off caused by a cage driver in late Jan...i have an update to the incident. Well we are now in July and i have finally received a check for the damages caused to my bike. Hooray!, kind of.

I've still come out second best minus the 6 month wait for the payout. The price on parts has gone up from the quote i received 6 months ago about $150...i have to purchase a new helmet, $650...my battery died during the long wait and cant be recharged...$60. This is sounding like a mastercard ad, but nothing is priceless about anything im saying..lol

Also for those that aren't aware i had legal help from Carrington & Carrington. Would i say they did a good job?...hmm id have to think about that one. Definately dont think they were worth the $300 they took off my payout cheque. They rarely called me, and when i called them it was always..."I was just about to get on to that today".

At the end of it all im pretty pissed at the outcome...but im glad i still got something to help me repair the bike. Hopefully i'll be out and about as soon as parts come from italy...and cant wait for the GP.