Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Insurance and Trackdays?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by jitboy, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Hi all,

I was just wondering what kind of cover there is for trackday (heaven forbid) accidents. I'm currently looking to upgrade to a Daytona 675 or Gixxer 600/750, and would love to fit in a few track days here and there. Do any insurers cover track accident damage?

I'm looking at insuring with RACV, AAMI or Shannons. Shannon's seems a little more expensive though.

2. Trackday Insurance

No responses on this one :( and I didn't want to start a new thread...

I am also interested in this. The closest I have found is Shannon's but it must be a instructed course not just a track day. It seems they are a tad picky at any rate.

Gurus knowledge required ;)

3. Nup, no coverage for track days from anyone - end of story. As noted, Shannons will offer cover for specific instructed courses, but definitely not open slather track days.
    In fact it's virtually impossible to get any sort of motorsport vehicle coverage nowadays.
    Welcome to the world of high risk motorcycle fun! :LOL:

4. Bugger, the high 'financial' risk of motorcycle fun is a nice topping for the physical ones :p

5. haha yer I found this out when picking the bike up from the dealer.

Aparently the best insurance policy is a mate with a ute who can drag ur wreck from the track to a scene of a "normal road accident". :eek:

6. Well thats not cover, its called fraud and is equivilant to just going out onto the streets and looking for a bike thats like yours used to be and stealing it (hey, their insurance will cover them right).

7. uuhhh thanks for the tip.

perhaps i should have put "har har" at the end of my last post. Its just wat the sales dude said as a joke ... wouldn't put it past some people tho.

8. Insurers cottoned on to this years ago. Now at every track day, marshalls take down the rego, chassis and engine numbers of any bike that crashes.
    It's also common for Insurance companies to send out 'spies' to take down regos and take photos of bikes that crash.

9. AB, you got a replacement bike then?

I don't think you'll find anywhere that will do it. SBS have hire bikes and their excess is about the same as a moderate stack, so that is worth considering.

Most 'offs' aren't that bad at the Island, but Murphy has a habit of appearing.

10. That is total BS.

11. If you are gonna do this..... make sure you remove any gravel that might be stuck. :LOL:

:bolt: