Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Insurance against losing your licence

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by browny, Jan 10, 2008.

1.  Top
  2. I really think this is going to end badly, no matter what they say. People need to be resposible for thier own actions, they lose thier licence they have to cop the cost of getting to work, not the insurance company.

What kind of state would come up with a crazy law like th......oh.....carry on

3. The people they are covering are the type that have accumulated many minor infringements (remembering that in states like NSW a 5kph over the limit is 3 points).
    It is a tool to ensure that families can protect themselves from loss of employment.

I think it’s a good idea.

I am sure they will not cover you if you hoon or are done for some ridiculous suspension (they cap it at 3 months I believe).

4. I agree its not a bad idea.

My wife got her first ever (yeah I have lived with that being thrown at me for 30yrs) speeding fine the other day. Here in Qld its 1 point.

That same speed in NSW is 3 friggin points.

Its just crazy down there.

5. http://www.lolassist.com.au/index.php?id=insurer&show_form=1

:?

6. If I were going to lose my license, I would simply circumvent the issuing authority, and then I don't pay a premium to an offshore insurer, and I suffer no inconvenience for more than a day.

7. Btw tweet, I rang up rta today, and they say I'm free and clear to get fulls :grin: Thanks mate.. :cool: