Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Insurance; accident while claim.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Rolkus, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Hi guys...

I was going to post this in my existing topic but thought it belongs here.

I'm currently going through a claim with my insurance company Swann, and an assessor is on his way to visit me on Wednesday.

Yesterday, I had another accident, this time, on the other side of the bike, left hand side now.

Do I need to claim again (including pay excess)? Should I leave it?

I believe they'll call the bike written off, so will it matter? (I want to buy it back from the insurance company anyhow).

2. SHOULD be 2 claims, 2 excesses:-({|=
    what you don't know ever hurts you, considering deleting this thread
  3. The odds of an assessor accepting that slide damage happened on both sides of the bike in a single low-speed incident are roughly zero.

Your only hope to get it covered under a single claim is if the damage on the left is to a panel that wraps around the bike and would be replaced under the first claim.

One important thing to keep in mind when deciding whether you want to make a second claim is your no-claim bonus - I don't know what Swann are like but QBE give you one "free" at-fault claim per year. If you were to claim again and Swann decided you were at fault you'd almost certainly take a hit on your NCB.
  4. 2 accidents, 2 claims, 2 excesses. Assessors are not idiots.
  5. Well the assessor came today and judged the bike as a complete loss due to the original accident - he notified my insurance and they withdrew my second claim. Very happy, saved $700 on another claim.

Insurance companies all go off what the assessor says, so lucky I got a top fella!
  6. Well done mate, quite lucky I reckon :)