Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Rabbito, May 5, 2010.

1. How do you get into the profession of teaching new riders? I'm in Victoria,,well Mornington to be exact..but I'd like to know what boxes need to be ticked before you can teach.
    I have done a search here but the only thread I found was dated back in 2006...while everyone was still debating if the LAMS would even get off paper!

If there are instructors here please drop me a message or post here..if you know someone who is an instructor I'd very much like to get in touch.
  2. Cert IV qualification then get a teaching organisation to take you on.

You need to do the P's course and get something like 90%+ or better result.

Any instructing mob will give you the spiel.
  3. the cert 4 is already done..I was an instructor in my past life..but the company I worked for didn't have motorcycles!
    Thanks for the info guys.
  4. After reading your posts in the embarrassing moments thread, I am frightened at the idea of you instructing :p
  5. I can teach you what not to do..that's going to save you every time!
    Experience is what you get a few moments after you need it!
  6. Pretty easy to get a job instructing L's or P's. As a matter of fact they'll give you your schedule immediately,,,,6 months worth of Saturdays and Sundays and if you choose to NOT do every one they'll be talking to you.
  7. That's not such a biggie..I work shifts so the names of days are not really an issue.