Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Installing Stomp Tank Grips

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Pedro78, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Hi Guys,

I recently ordered a set of Stomp grips which arrived in the mail today.
    Just wondering what the best way to install these is as I have read a few threads stating that people have had trouble putting them on.
    What would be the best product to clean the tank with as it was only recently polished?
    Also will a hairdryer provide enough heat as I don’t have access to a proper heat gun?
  2. You would want to use either wax and gease remover or prepsol to remove the wax and ensure the stomp grips bond well to the tank. You can pick it up from somewhere like Autobarn/Autopro etc....

Give it a good wipe down with a some prepsol on a rag and then wipe off the excess with a clean cloth. Then using the hair dyer heat up the adhesive side of the stomp grip and the side of the tank. Place it where you want it, apply some pressure so it sticks down and you should be good to go...

Pretty easy to do...