Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Installing an R1 throttle to a GSXR 600

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Avoidable, Feb 3, 2009.

1. I did a quick search which returned 126 pages so I thought I'd ask.

Has anyone swapped out the throttle on their late model (06 on a think)GSXR 600 for an R1 throttle? If so, what were your expieriences?

The reasoning behind it is that the R1 throttle requires less rotation from closed to full open since it has a larger "bit that the cable goes around". :p I think its called a cam or something.

So instead of having to move your hand to an awkward position at closed to get to wide open you can maintain your hand on the throttle without compromising it's position at closed throttle for braking.

Whats more its like $34! Which is alot cheaper than a quick action throttle. :grin:

2. Bloody hell mate, how quick are you going? :LOL:
  3. Ha ha. Good point, but i'd like to be able to get it wide open if I wanted to without being a contortionist :grin:
  4. I put an '04 R1 throttle tube in my 1000K6, loved it, now got and even quicker throttle tube in it.... an '06 R6, awesome on the track but you gotta respect it on the road, fugging scary at times...... love it!!! :LOL: