Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Installing a Ventura Rack on GS500

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by nicko82, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Hi Fellow Netriders,

I bought a used Ventura rack for a GS500, Can anyone provide any fitting instructions or photo's of one fitted on a GS500, it would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

2. i have them here somewhere i will look for them today and post them for you...

3. Here are scans of the two pages you need..

GS500_Ventura_p1 001.

GS500_Ventura_p2 001.

4. Bugger, they got shrunk when I uploaded em, send me a pm mate with an email address & I will send the scanned images to you, I tried to zip them & upload that but file size is too large...

5. Ahhh can you put me down for that too thanks pilgrim..I gots me one of them and want one of those :)

6. does anyone still have a copy of these instructions? i've tired PMing pilgrim to no avail. Just got myself a ventura rack for my new (used) GS500.... planning to have a crack at fitting it myself if i can track down some instructions....

7. I will try to remember to look out the instructions for you tonight, apologies for not responding yet, been a little busy this week..

8. Ok instructions sent via the email address you pmed me with..

Enjoy..

9. If it's like my motech rack it's very simple - there's a notch sort of thing under the seat towards the rear cowl... two nuts and it's on

10.  Top
  11.  Top
  12. hey guys,

I have a ventura rack that Im reinstalling on my 2008 GS500... but I'm stuck. I can't find the bolts to mount the bar to the underside of the bike (see link in pdf, Diagram #2, mounting point #2)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13317647/S092B Ventura rack.pdf

It says it's an "M6 x 19.0 x 1.4 flat washer".. but I'm not 100% sure on the Bolt specifications. The contents on page #1 mentions M8 x 25 bolts (blk zp).. ((im guessing blk zp = Black Zinc Plated ??)).. but if it uses an M6 washer.. wouldn't it be an M6 bolt ?

Just wondering if anyone can confirm the specs for the bolt needed ?

Thanks in advance icon_smile.

13. All good, found the bolt. Was a bolt that connects rear fairing/mudguard to frame.. M6x16mm