Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Installing a Ventura Rack on an 08 Z750

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Schwer, Jul 16, 2011.

1. So I bought a used Ventura rack off ebay - when I did this for my old ZZR it was a trouble free experience, but with the Z750 the rack is more complex and the seller didn't include the instructions.

The kit consists of three basic mounting components - two L brackets that go along the side and a cross piece that goes under the back of the bike and (I assume) attaches using the same bolts two bolts as the fender. The problem is that in between these bolts on the fender is this flange that sticks out about 2cm and makes it impossible to bolt the cross-piece over the top. What do I do???

Has anyone done this before who could give me some tips? I'm starting to think I'm missing a piece.
  2. I put one in my ZX6r if its of any help?

I had to sit the fender under the pipe the links the two L brackets....

I can take a pic if you like?
  3. I'd be so greatful if you could.

Does that work alright though? I thought of that but then the fender'll be hanging by the bolts that hold it in with a 1cm space between it and the actual bike....
  4. sorry for the delay

I have no issue but then I also chopped the fender :)

5. A friend has an '07 Z750 with ventura rack installed. If I go pass his place I'll try to remember to take a couple of pics of the set-up.
  6. I reckon the instructions will be online if you just google them.
  7. Tried looking for the instructions - I've emailed ventura for a copy and I'll see if they get back to me Monday.

Thanks so much for posting those pics - unfortunately I don't think that'll quite work on the Z - the fender's held on by four bolts a bit further forward than that. I emailed the guy who sold it and he said he left the spacers that should've come with it on the bike (which he sold), so I guess I'll be trying to get some longer bolts and some spacers and bodging my own solution. Thanks for the help everyone :).
  8. How'd you go? I just installed a rack on my Z750 last night so could provide you with info if you still need it.
  9. Unfortunately I need more fitting parts from Ventura - I rang them up but they said it'd be a few weeks and they haven't got back to me yet.

Dangers of ebay I guess.