Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Installed Stebel Nautilus Today

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Hipster Doofus, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Well for a noob auto elect like myself it all went pretty good. Got the thing to blast on the first go. I'm now waiting for some silastic to set so I can tuck the relay away.

For the Boulevard C50 FI to get the tank off first get your seats off then undo the bolt holding the tank. Disconnect battery, negative first. Take your speedo off watching for the wire harness behind it. Pull the rubber cover back to get at it.

Now lift the tank & put some wood in there for a spacer. Under the tank near the rear you have to seperate a wire harness & take the fuel hose off. After that lift it off. A small amount of fuel will trickle out.

When putting it back on first take the plastic clip off that held the fuel line on. That's if it is still on the tank. Insert it into the fuel hose then slide it up onto the tank connector. It will 'click' into place.

Can't wait to get on the road & try it out. :LOL:
  2. I removed the tank completely when I installed mine.
    Wasn't a hassle putting it back on, and made life a lot easier.

I put the relay behind the lh neck panel, as the wires from the original horn would reach there as well.

I added the pics of my install in the parts and access area.
    Where did you mount yours?
  3. Sounds like the same place. My relay is cable tied to the top of the frame near the neck under the tank. I put the original horn wires straight into the relay.

Why can't they put something like the nautilus on bikes instead of what is on there? It would not add much if anything to the price.