Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Inspection & transportation?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Damzz, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Hi NR,

I am in the process of getting back on the bike. I have found a bike in Ballina and I live in Liverpool. I don't want to fly up and ride the bike back as I don't feel confident and comfortable with riding 900km in one go.

Can some please advise how I could purchase the bike without actually sighting it?
    -Can buyer agent do this for you?
    -Recommend pre inspection and transport company?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Damzz

2. If the bike is from a private owner then a local bike shop would probably do an inspection for you, they may even arrange transport for you as well.

Highway One Motor Cycles in Ballina, NSW, Motorcycle & Scooter Repair - TrueLocal

You should do a REVS check to make sure there is no outstanding fininace on the bike and it hasn't been written off at some time.

REVS And PPSR Checks For Cars | Revs Check

Then a transport company that works to the Ballina area.

Motorbike Transport & Freight – Bike Logistics Australia -

3. Liverpool to Ballina is not 900km.

If it will help you out and you can get it inspected as Chris noted above, I will ride it back for you if you pay the airfare (Jetstar or Qantas) to get there as long as it's not a road bike and not a 125cc

I know that Bikes Only (the company name) service Ballina.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sorry it's 780km.

Its a dual purpose bike xt250 that im looking into buying.

You would seriously ride it back. Wow. I will look in to flights. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
    damzz

5. LOL TWEETTWEET on an xt250 cruising down the Pacific Hwy....

I need to see that!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I apologise, my post was meant to state I would ride it back as long as it WAS a road bike, not a trail bike.

On an XT, that aint going to happen! It would struggle to do the speed limit, and I don't want to wring it's neck all the way back.