Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Inspection request

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by hornet, Jun 2, 2012.

1. This might be slightly off this exact topic, but I have had a request from chickibabe for someone in or near Glen Iris to have a look over this bike https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=130237#.T8l7Q7BYL5s for her sister, who is apparently going to see it tomorrow. Without calling into question in any way the integrity of the owner, can some kind Melbourne Netrider either check this bike out before then, or volunteer to go with her to see it? She doesn't have the mechanical knowledge to make the sorts of decisions you have to when buying a bike,
    Thanks in advance for your help

2. Why dosnt she ask herself and always goes through you?
  3. Why shouldn't she? :roll:
  4. then if she cant come on here and ask herself then she can help herself fair dinkum
  5. Maybe she wants to avoid all the "is she hot" responses that girl bike threads tend to generate on here?

I can't see Hornet worrying too much about that problem :bolt:
  6. Ignore him, he's just a whining non-rider who keeps trying to score points and always comes up empty.
  7. least i got mates on here hahahaha
  8. only just seen this Paul, 60 degrees have a good rep, a call to them asking about the bike would satisfy a new buyer I'd think, I believe some older netriders have an association with 60 degrees. quite a few that roll to prac sessions on sat morns have their bikes looked after by the guys out there and speak high of thoer professionalism and quality of work. hope this helps. VTR's have a great rep as it is..
  9. I told her that VTRs in general are a good bike, and that I've not heard of a bad bike being advertised here. I'll pass this info on to her, thanks :)....
  10. Can also vouch for the fact that Dave's other (better) half rode it for a bit but never really felt omfortable and finally decided she was better at being Dave's pillion. So reason for sale checks out.
  11. thanks too, (y)

It's good to have FRIENDS on Netrider.....