Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Inner West Sydney Newbie !

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by SandyC, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Hi everyone!

After a 6 week advanced booking, I finally completed my Pre-Learner course over the weekend, and will be sitting for my knowledge test in 2 days.. I'm really new to riding, have never ridden a bike prior to the course!! I actually surprised myself on how I managed to achieve all those tasks (huge milestone!).

I'm still on a hunt for a 2nd hand bike to learn on and I've got my eye on a couple... Though I'm unsure of how to test ride/ inspect them or even ride it back home (yikes, maybe I'll just worry about that later). I'm very petite in size, just under 160cms so my choices are limited..
    Can't wait to practice riding around some quiet streets to pick up my skills before going out on real traffic!!

Anyways, Just thought I'd drop in to say hi :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. welcome aboard :] if you have a mechanically minded friend they can help you with the inspections, and in line with new company policy I can no longer ask you if your hot

• Like Like x 1
  3. stupid policy - i'll come back next time and they'll say we can't log in without our helmets on

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi Sandy, welcome aboard, plenty of Sydney riders here to help you along the way.

5. Welcome.
    I can help you with any bike inspections if the time fits with my other engagements, and help you get your feet up and moving. I work 50% of the year so have lots of free time, and have a new toy in the garage I want to do some km on.

Let me know..

• Like Like x 2
  6. Howdy, just ask on the boards when you are ready to buy and Im sure people here will help you out, even ride the bike back to your place for you

7. naw its like old times ! first adam and now goz....now all we need is that nk fella !

i missed you guise !

8. Goodnight+Sweet+Prince.+freedom+intensifies_b33392_5015966.

• Like Like x 1
  9. :] Thanks everyone! I'll definitely be asking around for some help in the coming weeks

10. Welcome to NR....

This after all is the best forum in Oztraliaa....

:)

11. Welcome. Be careful of @TWEET@TWEET I think he cracks on to everyone and plays the field a bit :ROFLMAO:

12. Welcome to Nutrider! :wacky:

He has never cracked on to me! That's discrimination! :roflmao:

13. Thank you!! I'm real excited.

Will be heading around this week to sit on a bunch of bikes and work out my options !

14. Try to be a nice guy and help a noob out, and get torched!
    One difference between my offer is that it extends to most all noobs, not just the girls, unlike many who offer to help ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. hi and welcome from another noob!

• Like Like x 1
  16. I always thought Tweet was a sheila, so what was your name before? I've missed all the name changes

17. No name change ever

18. Lol fair enough, either I've forgotten you or I just assumed you were tweetster

19. Welcome ! Hope you find the forum very informative and fun.