Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Infringment review, happy ending

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Andrew West, Sep 8, 2016.

1. The better half received an infringement notice a few weeks back for a red light camera oopsie while in the car with the penalty requiring $433 and 3 demerit points. So after a serious case of SOL and some well chosen expletives (on her behalf) and with a good driving record and nothing to lose she went through the correct channels and requested a review.
    So an apologetic and accepting full responsibility letter was sent with the response to the letter arriving electronically this morning.
    fine.JPG
    Happy days :).
    I went down the review path with an infringement several years back but with it being in a school zone in reality it was always destined to fail :(.
    So basically with one positive outcome out of two I guess you have to say 'nothing ventured nothing gained' (y).

• Like Like x 20
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. #2 Andrew West, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    ozzyalozzyal is the dislike, fat finger disease or did you not receive a good outcome recently for a review ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Enjoy it. She needs another 10 years of completely infringement free for that to ever happen again!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. And the chances of that with the odded reducing after every budget is pretty slim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah she definitely dodged a bullet, maybe I should suggest with the money we saved it could go to something like a jacket I've had my eyes on :) (wishfull thinking haha).

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. If you suggested it, you do deserve 50%.

;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. There's gotta be more to this. I don't need to know the details, but they don't let you off a three-pointer just because you've been well behaved. Must have been extenuating circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Not in Victoria, I've had 3 in about 6 or 7 years. All minor speeding (under10km/h).

9. Hmm, that's odd - did she actually get an infringement for running through the light or speeding ?
    From what Vic Pol says - they usually don't review such situations unless there are circumstances out of our control i.e letting an ambo through etc.
    I thought the - 'I'm sorry it was a rare mistake' usually works only with speeding (less than 10kmph in fair weather)

10. Nope no more to it and specspec just for running the red arrow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cool, less of a nanny state then - compared to VIC.
    I sure despite the nanny state we have the most amount of hooning - just not as effective as Nanny McPhee !

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I tried this once. I explained how I have been driving / riding for 20 odd years and even though I have accumulated over 90 demerit points in that time, it only equates to 4.5 per year which I reakon is pretty good. My request was rejected somehow... Gees.

• Funny Funny x 7
  13. Go figure !

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. No he doesn't, he got the happy ending :p:banhappy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. 3 2 1 3 2 1 back to the real world andddddddd you're awake ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. a good result and worth the effort to save a quarter of your lovely wife's licence and four hundred bucks - now you can buy that jacket you've been on about ad nauseum (tell him SibiSibi)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Just do it

18. chilliman64chilliman64 and SibiSibi you have both made the wall :mad:.
    :cry: it really is a nice looking jacket though.

• Like Like x 2
  19.  Top
  20. From memory, in Vic you only need 3 clear years in order to get a better chance of reprieve. NSW is 10! :sick:

• Informative Informative x 2