Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Inflatable Hi-Vis Vests

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by joetdm, May 1, 2012.

1. #1 joetdm, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    You know how the beige are asking for compulsary hi-vis vests?
    Is taking it one step further???

Oh, you have to laugh how the vest was kinda lost on that particular officer..
    Looks like some of our finest don't train as much once they become a cop..8-[

2. motorcycle jackets have had this for at least 2 years now, bmw did lots of research into it and Honda use the same tech on their Goldwing Lux

here is a link for a no name brand jacket with the tech "click me"
  3. I don't have a problem with inflatable hi-viz vests of jackets... I just don't want them made compulsory!
    • Like Like x 5
  4. That's the issue isn't it...
    Forcing something onto everyone rather than keeping it as an optional choice..

Wonder what the cager community would think if they'd all of a sudden make wearing moto helmets compulsary in cages..
    I'm sure there'd be an outrage!

After all, head injuries still occur in many car crashes don't they and helmets are required in every automotive sports events becase they DO make a difference?
  5. they may think they are even more invincible
  6. I remember reading an article last year (or was it the year before) that recommended wearing a bicycle helmet while driving, to reduce the risk of head injury in a motor vehicle crash. It could happen.

I wonder how well car safety helmets with inbuilt ipod docks would sell...

I can also see these as PPE for posties. Until every posty comes back with the things deployed for minor drops :LOL:
  7. it's why side airbags in cars were invented.
    head injuries in car crashes are horrific.
  8. Cant you just hear the dollars rolling in??
    Compulsory means cash flow increase!!
  9. Funny thing is though, that x% of deaths a year are caused by head trauma in a motorcycle accident. In many cases those would be severely mitigated by wearing a helmet in a car...

Under vision zero - this is something I can see coming in 10 years.
  10. ouch.. the way she landed after falling from the horse, reaching her hands out like is asking for a broken wrist.

what's next.. helmets?

or more doughnuts for added protection.
  11. Why do they use horses anyways? Seems pretty unwieldy