Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Inexperienced Uni Student

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Endo C, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Hi All,

Just got back to the motorcycle scene after 2 years trapped in my cage (now sold).

First bike was a GS500F (then took a break) and now am commuting on a Yamaha MT-09 ABS. I must say still getting use to the fly by wire on-off jerkiness experienced on the Yamaha compared to my old GS500 which when at operating temp was as smooth as anything.

Also, happy to connect with other riders in the South Eastern, Victoria area. Thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome causality,
    Did you get it new or has it been run in ?
    There's plenty on here from the eastern side, and regular ride invites posted on the events thread.
  3. Thanks! New, but has done nearly 2,000KM. Not sure if it has the latest map but it could also be the fact that there is a lot of free play in the throttle which may contribute. I need to adjust it when I have time and see if it helps.
  4. Welcome, that's a lovely 911, I wouldn't feel trapped in that.
  5. G'day and welcome to NR, endogenous causalityendogenous causality.

I've got a '13 Yamaha XJ6NL and it does a similar thing - it's snatch-y between 3-4,500 RPM and mainly in first through to third gear. It will also sometimes 'search' for a throttle response at certain throttle positions. I've ridden bikes like your GS500 and the Honda CB400 that just don't exhibit this trait. I'd thought Yamaha had resolved this issue in the later MT-09...
  6. welcome aboard :]
  7. Thanks everyone for the welcome.

XJ6N - So did I. It is a 15' model year so it should have the new map. It's manageable but annoying. B mode gets rid of it but losses some power. I have yet to try A mode.
  8. Welcome to NR