Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Indicators

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Flipper, Feb 16, 2005.

1. I have just bought some purtyyyy after market indicators and put them on the Across:D. My question is, what is the legal minimal distance between indicators? I think I remember someone saying 30cm but I just want to make sure.
    Cheers
    Deb

2. Yup - 30cm ( I don't know if that applies to the front and back). Got pulled up for this when the SR was being roadworthied last month - rear indicators were 2cm too close.

3. Thanx for that Mark. At this stage, I have only replaced the rear ones.

4. Why would one wish to attact attention to what one was doing on an Across?

5. The new ones are better than the old ones cause my left indicator only worked when it wanted to.
    :twisted: :p :p :p

6. which is why ..you replaced both indicators.... :LOL: :LOL:

7. intermittent indicator operation; check flasher can/relay

hey flipper,
    you could also try replacing the indicator flasher can/relay.

had a similar symptoms,
    where intermittently it would take a couple of attempts to get the left indicator to start blinking.

initially thought it was the switch.
    pulled it apart, checked its operation and found nothing wrong with the switch.

eventually discovered that flasher can was shagged.

although both left and right share the same flasher can,
    turns out the left is more susceptible to the problem (on my bike).

(something to do with resistance, capacitance and dis/charging, ... blaah, blaah, blaah)

8. Thanx for the info Carver but the left indicator had gotten water in it and corroded the connection so it was stoofed.

9. if there like the ones i put on my old accross http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~jnance/pictures/bike/Across%20(1).jpg ,there legal as when i got the RW i was told there fine

10. Yep, similar to those but square. It's the distance between the 2 rear ones I was concerned about.

11. in that case http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~jnance/pictures/bike/Across%20(4).jpg they also passed

12. Justin, it doesn't matter what TYPE of indicators you have, the law just states that they have to a minimum of 30cm apart from one another :p:p

13. well if they look like there the SAME size as what i had...there fine! thats what i was showing not the type

14. Point noted, now Justin, go take your medication :LOL: ;)

15. You goto remember its been over 5 weeks since ive ridden my bike and ive gone a tad crazy!
    mind you a few people may say i already was before....