Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SA Indicators - what is legal in SA?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by edgelett, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Looking at getting one of thsoe "integrated tail lights" (ie the indicators are included in the taillight as here: http://clearalternatives.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CA&Category_Code=HORNET (scroll down to see em)

This would be a solution to my "indicators don't fit!" problem.

But are they actually legal?

is there a "minimum distance" your indicators have to be apart in south australia?
  2. As far as i know its a naughty thing to do...

I was looking at hacking apart my GPX so the indicators and brake/park lights were all in the one unit and i was told that it's supposed to have a certain distance apart thats why they had to have seperate indicators when they came to aus...
  3. thanks fluffy, looks like I'll have to come up with another solution to my indicator problem.......
  4. indicators

i was pulled over by the cops last week he said indicators have to be at least 30 centimeters apart on the rear to be leagal in sa and they have to be adi aproved.
  5. thanks for that Rex, looks like I'll have to come up with another solution.
  6. Yes must be 30cm apart, and also if the bike doesnt come with clear lenses its also illeagal to change them as you are changing the ADR of the bike.. But hey the 12 looks so much better with them.. :grin:
  7. ooh - thanks for that tip