Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Indicator Mod Wattage Problem - Need help!

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by benpaddlejones, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Hi
    I just did an awesome fender eleminator mod to my 06 ZX6r. My problem is the indicators I used need a 23watt bulb and the oem bulb is 21w.

When I inidicate, the dash light stalls, then the lights start flashing as normal. If the bike is not running the inidcators just stall and don't flash. Whilst not a major concern, meens I need to indicate earlier and I am concerned it may not work when most needed!

Does anyone know how I fix? (still have oem front indicators).

Ben :)

2. the new indicators are placing extra load on your flasher unit. this can cause the flasher unit to not function if there is inadequate power to run the lights.
    of course, i suggest you find 21watt bulbs, but there really is bugger all difference between 23-21 watts. i wouldnt have though it would make much difference. we are only talking 1.7 to 1.9 amps. this can happen just by the aging of your wiring....
    are you sure you wired, and earthed it all properly?
  3. The extra load should only make 'em flash faster.

I'd second the bad earth question, check the wiring.
  4. Dude -you got rolled. Just head down to your local auto electrician and tell them you want an electronic flasher can that's non load dependant. Less than $20. You will have to change a couple of connectors but thats a piece of cake.
  5. NoShowAllGo
    Thanks, personally I prefer the ignorance is bliss, I feel suitably stupid!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    :oops: Benpaddlejones :oops:
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: