Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Indian Traffic

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by 2wheelsagain, Apr 21, 2007.

1.  Top
  2. variation of darwins theory! survival of the biggest i think! :shock: i wonder the bike fatality rate there??! i dont think i would have anything less than a 74 rambler. big and very strong.

you should try china. the only way you could cross the road was to NOT LOOK. :shock: i discovoured this drunk one night after being there for a week and nearly getting killed every time you attempted to cross. pedestrian crossing or not.

they work on the theory taht if you have seen whats coming (bus car bike whatever)then you will move as you are smaller and more fragile. but i discovoured that if you dont look up, the dodge and weave and brake all over the place to avoid you. hence a safer way of passage. certainly a lot of faith but it did work very well for me and my collegues on that trip. :)

3. Just did some quick research (and calculations), and it seems that the fatality rate per head of population is just slightly LESS than that of Australia!
    I'm happy to be challenged - it was only a cursory investigation. osen't take in km travelled, either.

4. Thats nothing short of amazing...... Maybe its related to the low speed of traffic in the congested areas.