Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News Indian Scout Sixty Tempts With Value

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Indian Motorcycles has a new bike for its Scout range – the Scout Sixty. Named after the cubic inch capacity of its motor, the 999cc machine is seemingly designed to appeal to newer riders or riders who don’t feel the need for the full 1,130 cc. The real reasoning behind the motorcycle however is to provide a lower entry point to the Scout family thanks to a reduced price tag.

That cost of the Indian Scout Sixty is $2,000 less in Australia and the United States, $2,600 less in Canada and a saving £1,500 in the UK. That’s a pretty significant amount of spare change for pretty small reduction in performance. The Scout Sixty produces 78 hp and 89 Nm at 5,600 rpm – only 8 Nm down on the full sized Scout.

Otherwise, the Scout Sixty is the same machine which means a really quite beautiful cruiser to ride that has a fit and finish that would make some Japanese manufacturers jealous. A complete line of accessories including fit-kit seats, footpeg locators and handlebars are designed to tailor the motorcycle to the rider. Riders can customize the Scout Sixty with additional accessories including wire wheels, Stage 1 exhaust systems, mini-apes, performance shock absorbers, and the 1920 Solo Saddle.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. So I was reading the paper online today and came across an article from popular mechanics titled "The 10 Best Buys in Motorcycles for 2016"
    Amongst the list was the Indian scout sixty for the red hot price of $8999 (base price) so I've gone wow that's a great looking bike at an incredible price.
    But I should have known better this is before the "Australian" pricing index has kicked in so after applying a liberal dose of
    I checked the Australian website for the price imagine my surprise when the price listed is an eye gouging $17,999.
    WTF that is seriously a load of fcuking shit. Ten grand more WTF
  3. Needed to be the same price as the Bolt.

Serious question......why can't I buy one in the states and bring it back? Aren't Aus getting rid of these local distributors for cars now? I'm sure I read some shit about that.
  4. I'm guessing the import taxes and duty would make it similar unless you know someone in shipping, plus I think you have to have owned it for 12 months prior, I seem to remember this from a long time ago
  5. Yeah but didn't they change, or were going to change the law so one could basically buy a car off the internet from overseas? It was part of all this "The Aussie manufacturing industry is dead, so lets remove all the laws that were supposedly protecting and hurting consumers." thing.

I had a mate I've not spoken to in a long time that used to import Harley's in shipping containers from the US. Now, I'm unsure if he made money from the bikes or the "other" stuff he probably had packed in the container.....but he did quite well.
  6. I recall something similar but my google fu isn't working well tonight.
    Its a great looking bike but 10Gs more? talk about taking you for a ride.
  7. It's probably one of those promises some politician made when the call came out to close Holden etc......never to be followed through.
    • Like Like x 1