Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Increasing performance GSXR600?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by mr vertical, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Just wondering what the best way to increase performance in an '09 GSXR600 is?

2. Get a thou.
  3. Yeah, you pretty much asked for that.
  4. +1 on that
  5. Straight line: More cc's.

Elsewhere: buy some training.
  6. full exhaust system, power commander, and superbike school
  7. Increase size of rear sprocket or decrease size of front sprocket. Or both.
    Do some research and maybe explain exactly what kind of performance increase your looking for.

Performance in handling? Top speed? Accelleration? Aesthetics? Off road ability?

Be more specific and you shall gain more knowledge.

8. =D> can i ask why, what sort of "performance" are you looking for?
  9. His forum name is 'mr vertical', I'm guessing he needs to do weeleez better. A thou will help with that. I might also add this is his first post, make of that what you will.
  10. Hold the throttle on longer than the next guy.

Cheap too.
  11. 2 ways to go about it:

1) spend money on go-fast mods (usual exhaust, filter, pc3 + tune, etc) = drop 1-2seconds off lap times

2) spend money on rider training such as superbike school, and track days = drop 20+ seconds off lap times after 3 to 5 track days.

i did the power mods first, then the rider training. wish i'd have done it the other way around.
  12. I'm after increased accelleration particularly in mid to high rev range. Been told shaving the head could be good option.
  13. erm, yeah. Good luck with that.
  14. Wouldn't wearing a helmet negate that anyway ?
  15. obvious troll is obvious..
  16. :rofl: Gold.

OP - you got quotes to shave the heads? What sort of improvement do your mates reckon it will give you between the traffic lights?
  17. On the off chance this guy is for real, save your cash, get more cubes. Modern 600's don't make much power down low.
  18. Start jogging.
  19. But he wants more acceleration in the mid to high rev ranges, where they do make all their power!

Considering a Gix6 will be doing well over 100kmh by the time you hit it's power band in first, where does he want to accellerate to? Into which part of the rev range?