Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

In the "don't it make you feel old?" category....

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by hornet, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ... my darling daughter has just announced that she and he husband are condemining me to grand-dad-hood. Yay, I say :LOL:.

2. Congrats, old man.

:)

3. Congrats old man! :applause: :grin:

The stork is on it's way! [​IMG]

You know, there seems to have been quite a bit of [​IMG] around here lately!

4. Thats cause its tooo cold to go riding

5. Re: In the "don't it make you feel old?" category.

Yeah, I heard about the blackout in Wollongong the other night.

Nothing better to do... :p

6. Congrats Paul and Hazel.
    I beat you. Have 3 now.

7. That means you'll be going to bed with a grandmother.

8. Congratulations. :)

9. Congrats Paul! Round 2 for babies!!

10. Good thing about grandkids is you can hand them back when they poop! Well doen old man. :grin:

11. Now you can tell grandad jokes. They're like dad jokes, but they change half-way through and don't have a punch line.

12. The funny thing is, when I preached at the wedding, among other things I said that I was in no hurry to hear the patter of little grand-feet, but obviously they weren't listening :LOL:.

13. Congratulations Paul. :applause: :applause: :applause:

14. Re: In the "don't it make you feel old?" category.

Yay indeed! Congratulations. :grin: And yes, it DOES make you feel old. I just became a grandmother last week. I have 6 weeks to practise on this one before the second one arrives. But somehow, I feel being a grandparent is going to really be heaps more fun than being a parent!

15. We started cricket training last Monday and I was standing next to a newer guy to the club who asked if I was watching my son train!!!

WTF!!!!

I've been playing at htis club since 1991/92, life member, 5 time premiership player, premiership captain, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,etc.....

Everyone else thought it was quite amusing except myself.

PS: My son is almost 5, so he is too young for senior training, even though he has collected some in private parts when they get him to throw a ball to them and they underestimate the arm of this 5 year old.

16. Congrats Paul !!!!

Being a GrandDad is actually one of the best things I've experienced.. , Enjoy it mate ! That said, being able to hand-em back to the parents is a bonus :p

17. a very belated, but no less heartfelt congratulations paul. in judaism we say "mazeltov", in buddhism they might say "may s/he live in happiness and peace", but frankly i prefer the australian, "bloody beauty mate". great stuff. keep up the good work :)

18. Thank you all :). Hey carri, how about some updated baby pics, c'mon girl, you're slipping?? :LOL:

19. Great stuff, congrats, old fart! :grin: