Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

In regards to leather jackets

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Mofo2007, May 6, 2007.

1. When you try and buy leather jacks, are they supposed to be a VERY tight fit or just a snug fit?
    My friend just dropped by over last night with his FZ1000 and I asked why hes jacket looks really small for him. He said it has to be a tight fit.
    Looks like a large size man fitting into a small/medium shirt.

2. It should be snug, not loose, and not seam stretching tight, you should be able to move comfortably in it.

3. You dont want your body to move too much inside the jacket(ie. snug fit) otherwise the padded parts will move off your body in a stack.

4. I just bought one - advice was that it should be tight when you first where it, as it will stretch a bit (and be more comfortable) as you use it more.

Now my only problem is that the sleeves are a couple of cms too long, and I have to find an alterations place to adjust the sleeves

5. Could barely get my arms in the sleeves the first time I tried my jacket on. Now it fits perfectly.

6. Thanks for the reply.
    Might go into a shop and look for a snug fit.
    Im not the type to wear really tight things anyway.
    :grin:

7. decide what you are going to wear under it. I bought mine in winter and its snug if I wear a jumper but looser if I wear a t shirt.

8. So you think I should walk into the shop and try on a leather jacket while wearing a jacket underneathe?

9. you should prolly go in there with what you'd plan to wear under it on a cold day and a tshirt. Make sure it's not too small to wear warmth underneath and not too big with just a tshirt.

at a guess judging on everyone else's advice :)

10. :WStupid:
    I meant you should think about what you will wear under it and it would be a good idea to try it with and without warm gear on.

11. Like Roarin said as I tucked into my fourth helping of curry up at Tintaldra:

"Let the man eat, leathers don't work if they're all loose and baggy!"

:LOL: