Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

In QLD and saw Ducati 620ie

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by warnzie, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Hi everyone, yep have my eye on one\\:D/. Thing is, only 05-06 are on the LAMS list, but this one i have my eyes on is a 2003 model. There is another 2003 model as well in QLD for sale but it has LAMS legal on the rego paper?

I asked has a restrictor been put on it and she didn't know?

So, my questions is....is it a hard feet to put the restrictor in and go through the hassle to make it LAMS, or pretty much they ask you to draw blood from a stone and then they will consider it? Has anyone done it or gone through the process?

Nathan

2. If it has LAMS registration, then go for it.. but otherwise it would probably be too much of a hassle trying to prove it
    And if its the unrestricted version you won't be able to ride it anyway

Every LAMS approved bike that's been registered since the new laws should have had the rego changed
    For example when the new law came in, they sent me a new rego label in the mail which had the same dates, but the word 'LAMS' in the corner of it.

Good luck

-
    Chris

3. just wait out your lams and get a real duke rather than an emphysemic dog