Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

in need of borrowing a drill to install a lock

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by 3lud13, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Strange request here but I thought maybe someone might be kind enough to assist me in making my bike a little harder to steal.
    Have going to get a chain and latch thingy to bolt my bike down when at home, however I don't have a drill available at my place without going all the way to Ballarat and dealing with my mother.
    I'm guessing a hammer drill will be required to still into the concrete not sure if there is a PowerPoint available close by (Will look better when I get home again) but I do have a generator that should be capable to run a drill.
    I live in Camberwell melbourne if there was someone close by it would be greatly appreciated.

2. I Can probably help, do you have the appropriate sized bit? I am in Greensborough.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Are you home tomorrow during the day?

4. ive been told my bit is the appropriate size

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wow so many quick replies thanks heaps everyone.
    Unfortunately today didn't go as planned and I didn't get around to picking up the anchor. Only found out yesterday I am allowed to install one didnt want to buy one if bodycorp wouldn't allow me to install it.
    Next chance I have to get it won't be until Tuesday after Easter as I am assuming everything is shut all Easter weekend.
    I will go down to bunnings and purchase required drill bit.
    Had a better look today and is no PowerPoint available downstairs so either very long extension cord or I think my generator should be able to run a drill.

6. If it works in with a day I'm in the area I'll have a drill bit and a cordless hammer drill to do it. But it will just need to work in with when I'm not far away.

7. If you get stuck, I have masonry bits in a wide range of sizes, multiple hammer drills and lots (yes, lots) of extension leads. (But I don't have a generator, should I be feeling inadequate? LOL). I am further east at Croydon, but travel through and near Camberwell fairly regularly. Won't cost you much, will work for beer*. Post up if you need the help.

* Not much beer required as I don't drink very much of it!

8. I have a hammer drill, a few unbroken masonary bits and extension cords. What size bit do you need?

Are you in an apartment? If so do you need a permit to drilling slabs? Builders sometime run conduits in slab. If you are going in past 50mm this may be an issue.