Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

In need of a pair of boots Update: A* question

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by L0Ki, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Got 200 ($US) dollars (lets say) to spend.

Up to the stage where i think i should get some proper riding boots before i start being too adventurous on the bike.

So please give me your best bang for buck boots. I have no idea what to get, had a quick look around and none of the boots really looked any good (that were in my price range). I don't want some colourful outlandish boot either. Just a black boot is fine. Is there anything i should steer clear of?

They'll be mainly for general weekend riding but it'd be good if its comfortable enough to wear all day for uni if i decide to ride one day.

Really dont like the look of the gortex ones. They just look like bulked up gumboots.

Thanks for any suggestions. ;)

2. Re: In need of a pair of boots

Check these out Lok' http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=5799

No chance, boot protection is inversely proportional to comfort. :popcorn:

3. I wear and recommend Rossi 811 vision. Should be in your price range too.

PqlWUNA.

The 811 Vision is jam-packed with features, from our full grain water resistant leather and Evertex waterpfoof lining through to our high vision reflective inserts and comprehensive ankle and shin protection,with comfort taken care of by Rossi's unique internal air comfort sole. Making all day wear a reality.

4.  Top
  5.  Top
  6.  Top
  7. I had been looking at those A* boots but would have to get them online because of the price.

See what happens tomorrow when i go shopping :)

8. I had a look at the SMX-4 boots today but i gotta weird question.

I was tosing up between a size 44 or 45 but they were designed differently for the same shoe. The 44 had a nice patch of rubber (where the gear change part is built up) with the A* logo on it while the bigger pair had just some ridges of plastic/rubber. I like the smaller design but i cant find it anywhere on the net. Whats the goes with that. Are they older/newer stock or something?

Should the boot feel tight around the top fo your foot near ur toes. Like a downward pressure on top of them. Its not much but I'm not sure how there supposed to fit. Plus should the part you velgrow up be a little bit loose once done or should it be as tight as you can get it?

[I might just throw abit of a thanks in hear too for BikeBiz at Parra. They were far better in the service department then MCAS. I was walking around in there for ages and no one asked if i needed any help. So i walked out to BikeBiz and what do you know. Service. Thankyou very much BikeBiz.]

Thanks for any help.

9. I have the SMX-4 boots, and the velcro bit you want as tight as comfortable.

Remember that leather will stretch a bit and conform to the shape of your foot after a few hundred kms.

FYI mine have just the ribs on the gear-pad.

10. They do? They look like every other black-leather road/touring boot on the market, as far as I can tell. :-k

The road/touring boots don't look like Buzz Lightyear plastic rocketboots, of course. ;)

I wear Alpinestars Effex boots. Very waterproof, very hot/cold proof, very comfortable (even for walking in - though they do weigh a lot more than a pair of sneakers). A bit on the pricey side though, so I dunno about 'bang for the buck'. But unlike the rest of my armour selections I don't have a single complaint about 'em.

11. Hey guys, whats the thoughts on these....saw them in a recent mag
    Forma Boots, italianmade $299 from moto national.
    I quite like the look of them myself, they dont look too 'powerranger'

Rogues
    [​IMG]