Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

In Memoriam Capt Lee Luy

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by incitatus, May 3, 2007.

1. Today is the anniversary of the death of somebody I once knew. He was a Hmong tribesman from Laos who educated himself to become a pilot in the Royal Lao airforce. Capt. Lee Luy, on this day in 1970, was shot down and killed, he had flown over 1.000 combat sorties in 18 months. I have special reason to remember Lee, I owe him my life. The least I can do is remember his.

2. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for a friend."
  3. How did he save your life, Inci?

I understand if some things are special and private... but I get the distinct feeling from your age and work background, that there's a heap of really awesome stories you haven't told us :)
  4. If this is true...then the AWESOME bit is that Inci is here with us.
  5. What is it with you and the sad stories today Inci? :cry:
  6. Yes some things are, but suffice to say that I was 20 and invincible, and he saved me from my own inexperience and stupidity at extreme risk to himself. I am by no means the only person who could say that about Lee.
  7. So thats who we have to blame for you being here :p

Inci, if he was a friend of yours he was probably a pretty decent bloke.
  8. Ahhhh, I used to be 20 and invinvible.

Now I'm 22 and invincible :grin:

Now don't get me wrong Inci, I don't mean to pry or anything, but I gather you've led a fairly interesting life. If the urge did happen to grab you to jot down one or two of the more memorable occurances from your lifetime... well, I'm just saying that I'd happily read 'em :)

But if you're saving them to write a book after you 60th birthday, then just ignore me ;)