Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Importing Harley Davidsons

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Fa1c0n, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Has anyone done it with an importer?
    Has anyone done it by themselves?

Any tips or advice?
  2. apparently the rules may be changing - I am not aware of the changes but others here are
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Pre-89 bikes look fairly straightforward (not done it tho'). Post-89 I'd be looking for professional help.

There's an outfit advertising in Just Bikes who claim to be able to compliance late model H-D imports. As the compliancing stuff is the major obstacle to bringing in late vehicles, they might be worth talking to. Can't remember the company name but it was a glossy full-page ad as I recall.
  4. Theres a few companies that import comply Harley's.. pre & post '89. I've spoken a few times to Geezers who are based in Brisbane and they've been really helpful.

They have a website - check it out, I'm sure you'll find the info you're looking for.
  5. Looked there, but their prices are quite high (Or well, the same as second hand harleys here) Not the value i was looking for really... ?
  6. One of my mates bought an '09 Deluxe in the US and arranged for Geezers to do the importing and compliance.
    He reckons the whole process was easy, the dealers in the US are hungry for business, they are used to dealing with Aussies of late and Geezers did everything they promised.
    He's trying to talk me into buying a Harley, but I'm not 70 years old yet.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. My mate bought one in early last year.
    He now has 40 of them, all imported,
    I dont know if he does it for other people tho.

Its very easy to do it,

I am looking at bringing in a 40 foot pre 1989 diesel pusher RV,

Its sticks in my throught to say this, but their quality leaves Aussie RV"s for dead.

I also just brought in a 34 foot Catamaran from the USA, Picked it up in Fiji and sailed it almost home,

You must still pay GST of 10 %, AQIS and Customs fees, and shipping of course.