Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Immobiliser on a KAWASAKI VN250

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by isako69, Feb 8, 2006.

1. HI ALL. Yesterday wrote or rather asked about the immoboliser on a Kawasaki vn 250. Whether I should install 1 or not. And if so, which brand is the most reliable in todays market. Today the "post" has vanished and i would like some input on the matter. Its not the most interesting topic (I KNOW :oops: :? ), however you are the only people I can obtain some knowledge off.
    Anyway thanks for your time.
    Cheers Isako69

2. An immobiliser might discourage some thieves but lets face it if they really want your bike all they really need is a couple of guys and a van/trailer. The electrics on a bike (especially one without fuel injection) are so simple that I doubt any immobiliser would take much to defeat anyway.
    Edit: And I have no idea where your original post went, perhaps it was in the wrong section (and deleted rather than moved).

3. Cheer s jd. I know its not the be all and end all bikes, there are better out there and the immoboliser isnt much of a deteraint, however its my pride and joy. Hey, thanks for your input.
    Cheers
    Isako69

4. No worries, by all means fit an immobiliser if you can get one for a good price (no idea what they cost) but don't overlook more visual deterrents like a disc lock or chaining the bike to the nearest solid object.

5. Yep, purchased the disc lock, off the top of my head $95, with an alarm in it, the brand name I think is Xena. As for a chain, any suggestions??? Found 1 for $100, very solid and heavy enough lock, therefore i think I've just made up my mind. An immoboliser might do without for the time being until I puchase the Vulcan 1600. Have a good 1
    Cheers