Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm trying to help a friend of a friend....

Discussion in 'Scooters' at netrider.net.au started by lil, Feb 27, 2007.

1. A friend of mine has a friend coming from Germany soon and she wants to buy a cheap scooter to get around on for the year or so she's here. Is there somewhere in Melbourne that sells cheap but reliable scooters? I don't think size is an issue, but reliable is a must.

Ta in advance!

2. Eswen and Co. might be able to point you to a slightly used one :LOL:.

3.  Top
  4. Define cheap.

Does your friend of a friend want to tour or just use it in the city? (big difference between a little 50cc run around and a 200-250 for highway usage and luggage carrying)

Three choices really:

1 buy used privately
    2 buy used from a dealer
    3 buy new and re-sell after the year (yeah, they will drop some $$s through depreciation, but this is likely to give the most reliable ride)

Dave

5. Can't help more than the above, but if she is to do big k's then big wheels give a more comfortable ride.

Cheers, v.

6. Do her a real favour and get her a 250, she will die in Australia with all the moron drivers if she has anything less

7. +1

8. It's all sorted....she's bought from a dealer and will resell for max 70% of value. Thanks for your help!