Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm thinking of going the VTR or CBF250 path

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by doxxus, Oct 14, 2007.

1. mostly the cbf because that's what i got my learners on, and i know i fit. also because it has a rev meter as well, but i havent even sat on a vtr.

i was originally thinking about the standard cbrrrrrr or zx2r thing, but really i'd prefer a newer bike for the price, and in some cases cheaper. but i figured i might as well start on a naked bike (which i love the look of), and then when i'm ready and unrestricted just get that 600 i always wanted.

just what i thinks anyways :)
  2. VTR > CBF.

Others will say the same.
  3. i actually went and checked some details, and yes, i now agree.

vtr > cbf.

now to find one and buybuybuy
  4. The CBF is a fine little jigger, the VTR just has more of everything. It's a lot more expensive though.

Newer VTR's have a 'rev meter' too.

The old CB250's are much better value right now than either of them. It's at least as good a machine as the CBF.
  5. FTR, it's a Tachometer, aka Tacho. :wink:

Welcome to the wonderful world of bikes. :grin:
  6. where are you from doxxus? if ur from vic, check bikesales... there's 04 blue one going for 4.8k. probably you can still nego on the price.

i just bought 1 myself. they are great. hehe at least better than cb i was learning on at motorcycle motion.
  7. What year did they introduce the 'revmeter' on the VTR, out of interest? I've been riding one with only a 'speedmeter' at the moment.
  8. VTR.... little more money, heaps better bike.
  9. VTR is what I ride and I would have to agree with everyone else that it is a top bike. I have the 2002 model so no tacho and that can sometimes get annoying, but still a great bike.