Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Im stuck deciding what I get next...

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Pom80y, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Ive been riding a CBR250RR for 3ish years now as a daily commuter and am looking to get myself something preferably more upright for my journeys.

I dont have too much to spend unfortunately otherwise I would just get a street triple and be done with it!

Max I can spend is about 6k.

Issue I have is I'm only 5'7" and sit comfortably on the seat height of the ciblet (735mm) but every other bike I have sat on have been over 800mm at the seat and am not super confident to test ride one. Have been toying with the idea for a year (of getting a new bike) but have no idea what to look at.

I think I have resided myself to something like a SV650, Hornet or similar.

I am worried though, that these are not going to be a big enough power jump to satisfy my needs, because I am completely over the gutless 250.

Suggestions?

2. Z750 are pretty good value and quicker than the ones you suggested.

3. Street Triple.

4. Probably not for $6k

5. could probably get a late 90's zx6r zx7r with relatively low k's for that.

6. Hornet 900

7. GSX650F
    740mm seat height, is a little heavy at 240kg (wet) but has a nice balance point.
    Once your arse hits the seat, it's very easy to handle and doesn't feel heavy at all.
    Plenty of torque/power.
    Easily look down on freeways to see $1.40-50 without realising.
    Easily overtake in top gear.
    Upright position.

Great allrounder

8. There is a very nice slightly modified Hornet 900 for sale by a netrider for $6k here in Sydney. PM me for details.
    K

9. There is a z750 for sale on NR or under 6K atm.

I'm 165cm and I can't flat foot on it but i can get enough of my foot down to move it around.

PS I fk love my zed :)

10. I would say CBR600F4i, but the seat height is 805mm.

11. I must have stubby legs cause I cant get any feet down at all on a z750.

This sucks.

12. Theyre 815mm

13. Yep - same as a stock street triple

14. :woot:
    :wink:

15. +1 on cb900.

The one karl is referring to is a bloody bargain, lots of quality mods. At $6k its a steal

16. Initially I would have said Z750 too, but at 5'10" I'm on tippy toes, so you'd need to lower one..

17. OMG - some serious ducks around here!

18. Couple of things (may or may not be helpful).

Can you wait and save for a Street Triple. I think it would be worth it.

Do not let seat height intimidate you too much. I am shorter than you and ride a Street Triple (around 800 mm), I can even manage a motard with 900ish mm seat height. Half of one foot, or the tips of both, is enough.

19. I find the Sv650 has a pretty high seat and I'm 6'1. Just sayin..