Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm sharing the roads with people like this

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by jd, Oct 27, 2005.

1. From the local paper:
    A BROWN Hill man caught behind the wheel with a blood-alcohol level of almost six times the legal limit retained his liberty in Ballarat Magistrates Court yesterday.

The court heard Jason Parkinson blew a blood-alcohol reading of .295 per cent after colliding with two cars and a tree at Ballarat on August 8.

The 27-year-old was so intoxicated he required assistance into the police station for the breathtest, the court heard.

His reading was the highest ever witnessed by the arresting officer in his 10 years in the force.

Police prosecutor Senior Constable Damon Saunders said Parkinson was driving home from Ballarat's Centrelink office about 11.30am when the three separate collisions occurred.

Parkinson was convicted and sentenced to three months' jail, which was suspended for a year. He was also released on a 12-month community based order with a condition that he perform 120 hours of unpaid community work and disqualified from driving for four years.

Yep that's right, driving around during the middle of the day too drunk to walk (guess that's why he took the car :roll:). Might explain the driving of some of the cars I pass every day though.
  2. yeh its a hard day when you have to come home after waiting in line at centerlink all day and still be .295

IMO 4 years disqualified driving isnt going to do the whole drink driving game justice.
  3. Bloody hell! Centre link's changed from last time I went in there! :shock: Maybe their new slogan could be "If you're not working, you may as well be drinking." :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  4. You'd normally say "I'd be safer walking", but bozos like this will probably mount the footpath and mow you down!!!
  5. Certainly not safe to be a tree :LOL: .
  6. With loggers trying to cut you down, hippies trying to molest you, dogs pissing on you and birds doing god know what in your branches, it was never safe to be a tree. :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. And the best thing is that morons like this breed like rabbits, and instil their lack of morals and values on their kids.

Regards, Andrew.
  8. To say nothing of British Royalty and their proclivities... :LOL:
  9. <punk>I been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeeeedingggg!</punk>
  10. Did you see Chuck in the US this morning calling the Rottweiller "My darling wife".? I nearly choked on my tea and scones!
  11. Cut off their proclivities, that should stop the bastards breeding.
  12. Then they'll just import them from Greece......