Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Im off to pick up my bike today....finally !

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Removed_User_5, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Im off to geelong to pick up my bike today and it looks like its going to be a beautiful day for my first big ride......
    Im a bit troubled about getting my computer on the bike so I can use foxy's idea of the internet map finder so I decided to write down the directions so im not put off with having my computer strapped to the tank.......

I hope to see you all at the coffee on friday where im sure i will have loads more dumb questions.....

Im so excited..... :D

2. YEY!! I'm soure the VT will give you a very big smile!!
  3. Hey Stookie, get someone at the dealership to get a few photos of you with the new baby; they'll be precious memories in years to come (and you can post them on the forum, and show them off at coffee nights!) Take a small digital camera with you in case they haven't got one!!
    Oh, and CONGRATS and ENJOY!!!
  4. Congrats Stookie. Nothing like the feeling of riding out of the shop on a new bike. First time out I was a bit scared by city traffic(only riden on the training range at that stage) so had it delivered so I could ease into it. I also picked up a new bike today and this time round rode it home from inner city Sydney and it was a great feeling. Didn't find out until I got home that the brake light had been on continuously because the brake pedal had been adjusted down a bit too far. Dying to go for a ride but gotta wait until the insurance gets tied down.
  5. Woohoo, congrats Stookie, I take it the gear arrived today :D
  6. Congrats Stookie!!

:D :D
  7. Whoohooo, nothing like picking up a new bike. Almost (looks around to see if Mrs RC is looking) as good as picking up a new gal.

*did I say that????*
  8. Good stuff. And yer photos of your bike are well worth it. Don't have any of my first bike. :(
  9. Thanks guys. well i got it home on the freeway and got cut off by an idiot in a 4x4 got lost between trucks in the Burnley tunnel. Abused by a driver who was tailgating me so much that lil had to squeeze herself between me and his bumper just to get round the car.
    What is it with some guys ? Tailgating a learner in rush hour just to get 5 ft in front. Some drivers have got no respect for a learner rider at all.
    I could not have done the trip home without lil looking out for me.
    So I got around a fair bit yesterday and after stalling the bike almost everytime I stopped I discovered the biting point on the clutch was too far out for my wee hands to reach so I adjusted that and its all good.

Hope to see you all at coffee on friday night.

See you then
  10. Great news, stookie. Hope you have many more better rides ahead. I can never understand the mentality of people who menace anyone on the road, but especially a learner, I just don't get it.

Remember the saying, "The closer you get, the slower I go."
  11. I have never done that before, but this guy was an absolute w#nker. When I spoke to him he said to me 'But he's not doing the speed limit", to which my response was "Do you not see the L-plate? He's been on the road a couple of hours. Are you trying to make him come off?" to which he said "But he's not doing the speed limit. The speed limit's 60". I jumped back on my bike and told Stookie to ride straight ahead and created a buffer for him.

For those of you who know Auburn Road in Hawthorn at about 4 o'clock, you'll understand what I mean when I say that he would not have made his trip any faster....he would have been the car in front rather than the car behind.

Can I report him to the cops? I have his number plate....

:D :D :D
  12. Congrats Stookie.

Have fun and take care out there mate.

:D :D
  13. Yep congrats, and good on lil for getting between you and the jerk, some just don't understand what and "L" is.
    Lil I would have told the cage driver that he had an "L" printed on his forehead that stands for "LOSER BIG TIME".
  14. And might I say what a great choice you have made too, Stookie!!
  15. Why not? Tailgating, reckless driving? I'd put a little bit more graphics to abusing the dweeb. "So you want his blood and bits of flesh on your car bonnet? Want to cripple him so he spends a lifetime in hospital at your expense?" Usually I find people back off straight away... :)
  16. You would :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: On ya Stookie