Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm not new to riding, but to NetRider I am

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Hurricane1, Jul 11, 2015.

1. My bike's a Kawasaki GTR1400 ('12 model) - I don't know how they come up with color names like 'Candy Arabian Red' - but that's what it is (almost Maroon - but she sparkles in the sun). I've been (back) riding now for 5 years (off bikes for 25 years before that) - and loving it. I'm on the local Ulysses Club branch, and besides riding most weekends, I commute on it every day (yes you can lane filter with panniers on!).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Howdy and welcome to NR Hurricane1Hurricane1 ! Candy Arabian Red.....so it's red then? :D
    • Like Like x 1
  3. G'day Hurricane1Hurricane1 and welcome to Netrider.

Someone in the marketing department at Kawasaki probably spent days coming up with that colour name - there may have even been sub-committee meetings over it, thousands of dollars spent on market research and then in one short remark you've reduced it back down to 'red' again! =D
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome Hurricane1Hurricane1

GoldenberriGoldenberri has no idea, has she? It's aubergine isn't it? Or burgundy? (Maroon's so 2012)
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. And they say Women have a finer sense of colour than men from many millennia of evolution. :)

Welcome Hurricane1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. I am, if nothing else gentlemen, a realist. :p
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hi Hurricane1Hurricane1 forever known on NR as arabian candy :) ...you can change your name ...it's not too late or better still use an acronym CAR ?
    Welcome to the nuthouse!
    I want a bike that is one quarter dulux hogs bristle ... Noice!
  8. welcome aboard :]
  9. Welcome to NR
  10. Welcome to Netrider Hurricane :)