Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm not a rider yet!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by alleyCat, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm new to the idea of motorcycling, and thinking about giving it a go, but I'm really nervous about riding and hearing lots of scary stories...

Is there anyway one could rent a bike for a couple of weeks/months to get a feel for it? (obviously after doing the tests and everything, to get L's...)

2. Not sure anyones going to hire a bike to learner, esp one thats nervous :LOL:
    & yes it can get scary, but don't worry, you'll get used to it.

Ahh, give it a go alleycat & don't be a pussy [​IMG]

Welcome gurl.
  3. Yeah just as I expected!! :( I really don't know if I'm going to be confident enough to buy a bike, esp when I might have to sell my car to afford it!
  4. Welcome :)

Why not start by doing the learner's course and getting your licence? It's a cheap 2 days on the bike, starting from the ground up, and you'll get a good feel for it even if you haven't been on one before.
  5. Welcome, Allycat :)
    Go and get your Ls and that will tell you if you like riding. Although I'm not quite sure how it works in NSW. In Vic they train you and you use their bikes. Is there some option like that you could go for?

Remember, when thinking about costs, that you'll need protective gear, insurance, maybe have to fix something (if buying 2nd hand)...
  6. Welcome Allycat, and Pinkxie is right, do a course on their bikes. I did an introductory course in Tassy where you use their bike and for 4 hours they give you training and a good idea of how it all feels. A $70 course that gave me confidence to do the L's course. Well worth it.
  7. Google ,,,sydney motorbike hire.

There are a few places to hire and the bike you would look at is the Honda C5250 .start at $110 a day.

BUT watch out for the insurance ,if you drop it and really damage it ,it will cost you a few thousand +.