Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Im not a port adelaide fan but....

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Matt250R, May 6, 2007.

1. Im not a port adelaide fan but what Byron Pickett did to Kane Cornes was an absolute disgrace! I love my footy but that type of tackle could of ended his career, let alone leaving him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, unacceptable, hopefully the tribunal strings him up for that!

2. I will state up front that I am a Melbourne supporter and member and if Stephen King never got reported for recklessly kicking Jeff White in the face, then there is nothing wrong with what Byron Pickett did.

Kane Cornes should not have gone down so easily.

I'm about to give up on AFL and prefer to watch Lower Plenty play in the DVFL. That free kick against David neitz was so netballish it is getting ridiculous.
  3. Yep, its gotten to the point where its rare to see a good contest without a soft free kick paid. And when it is paid, no-one has a clue what its for. Really, really frustrating to watch these days.

On the Pickett tackle it was pretty crude, but i didnt think there was much wrong with it.
  4. Watch thugby!

The thugby players never do anything untoward or disgraceful...
  5. They certainly never stick their neck out :LOL: Haven't seen a rugby player with a neck yet.
  6. I dont support anyone, but that was a brilliant tackle if you ask me. He pinned his arms down, its hardly his fault if cornes decides to take a face first stage dive ala italian soccer team.