Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm new, say hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by monika dameska, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Hi people. I've been riding for about 4 months. I ride a cbr250r. I've just started to focus on refining some skills for my Ps test which I'm yet to book because I need more practice! I'm welcoming all advice and tips and could do with some encouragement. I'm hoping to start attending some of the Saturday sessions at Homebush (when I'm not at work) which I only just found out about. And of course, I want to start coming along to some group rides and meeting new people :)

2. Hi and welcome Monika ;)
  3. Hi Monica and welcome to Netrider. Let me encourage you to practice practice practice, and perhaps use one of "their" bikes for your licence test, it that's an option. Homebush I can unreservedly recommended; Ozyoda and his team will do wonders for your skills and confidence.
  4. Welcome Monica.
  5. Welcome to NR..
  6. Welcome aboard.
  7. Welcome to NR. You have a good bike. Get all the practice in that you can. What I did for my daughter was. Set out a route in the quite streets that had a roundabout, stop sign, stoplight. And then got her to do about 100 laps. That got her stopping the bike, changing gears, and it was all low speed. Changing up and down the gears and braking is very hard when you first stat to ride. Good luck with learning.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Greetings. Those Mugen CBRs look good. Feel free to post a pic once you're settled in.

There's a good recent modification thread here about a 305 kit for the CBR, plus a few other assorted fettling projects - https://netrider.net.au/threads/cbr250-cbr305-big-bore-kit.191820/

But plenty of enjoyment to be had for now as is, as you've no doubt discovered.
  9. Hi Monica and welcome!
  10. Welcome aboard (y)
  11. Welcome aboard :]
  12. Welcome to a lifetime of addiction!
  13. Yeah, why not? Hello!