Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm new...hello all :)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Zenyatta_Mondatta, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Hi everyone. I'm new here. I got my L's a while ago and I've been learning on my friend's ZZR250 (he's not using it and generously let me learn on it!) and after a few weeks i'm starting to feel pretty good about it!

My name's Maddie, from Sydney, nice to meet you all!

I'm sure I will have loads of questions and I'll try my best to help with other people's questions too. I have like a whole 2 weeks experience!

hehe cheers

2. Welcome to Netrider Maddie:)

You have about the same level of experience riding as me :)

3. Welcome, though I think you got the wrong forum. So if you can't find this topic in a couple days it's in the birthday/intro forum no doubt.

I see a Duckhunt dog with a duck there... closet nerd! I saw you coming a mile away :p

Enjoy the learning, and be safe!

4. And a Police fan to boot!

Welcome to NR :)

5. yes! made my mark already :p

6. Hey Maddie,
    Welcome to the world

Don't be shy get in amongst it all

7. Hey maddie,

Welcome!!

What bike are you looking at purchasing?

8. Welcome to NR!!!

Good luck with your friends bike, are you planning to get one of your own soon?

9. welcome maddie!

i just started riding as well, it is highly addictive!

10. Yo Maddie,

I dont have much welcoming authority but welcome anyway haha. Are you thinkin of getting a ZZR for yourself? Theyre cheap and i really like them!

11. Hi all!

I really don't know what kind of bike I'll be getting. I originally wanted a Honda CB250 but I've been having loads of fun riding the ZZR250. My concern about the bikes with the faring is that if you drop them (not that I plan on it but you know...) then you're gonna scratch all that up.

On the other hand if you drop a naked bike, are you going to be more likely to damage it?

In terms of looks... The ZZR250 didn't please me at first but now I catch myself looking at it from my bedroom window. It's actually quite sexy.

I don't want to spend more than about $4000 when I get my own bike. And not more than about 6 years old. And nothing smaller than a 250. But certainly not bigger than 500mL either.

I just want something efficient and reliable I guess.