Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm losing heart.....

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by edgelett, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Ok short story - been trying to get a new band together for 3 years. finally got hold of people I thought were good & after 12 months it fell apart. Thought about quiting music entirely but was talked out of it by my BF.

spent a couple of months advertising that I was looking to join an already formed band cause I don't want the crap of trying to get a band together again. Don't find any bands looking for guitarists, but do find several people looking for musicians to collaborate with. end up chosing to work with a vocalist, Miranda. She's got a strong voice & in 2 months of working together we've written 7 songs. But we need a drummer & bass player.

So we advertise on every music website we can find. We advertise in the trading post. For three weeks no-one even calls. Eventually people do, & they want to hear our music, so we send them some MP3's. Then the fcuking around starts.
    "oh songs are great can I hear more? cool I'll come & audition on the weekend" two days before audition - "oh sorry changed my mind you suck"

Now for us to audition a drummer I need to organise a fill in bass player for the day. Same (but vice versa) for auditioning a bass player. I go out of my way to make sure I have someone to come on the day - only for these dicks to ring the day before to cancel.

What is going on? Loz, you've heard my music mate, is it that compeltely shit that no-one is interested in playing it? I'm 30 yrs old, this is the longest I've ever gone without playing in a full band (2 years) and without a gig (3 years).

I just don't know what the hell to do. I feel like I'm putting a lot of effort into something no-one will ever hear.

I've decided that if no-one calls by the end of next week I'm going to sell all my musical equiment. The whole fricking lot. I just want to go home & smash it all right now.