Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm looking for an Etrex Legend

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Kaer, Jun 14, 2005.

1. I'm looking to buy an Etrex Legend GPS System. Anyone got any sources (either online or in Sydney) for a cheap deal? (i.e. under $300 which seems to be the retail price for one).

2. Yeah, that's seems to be the general price range I can find. Even ebay doesn't seem to selling them cheaper than that.

I did find one that was for $300 and came with the mapsource CD, now I can't find the blooming link.
  3. Okay I managed to score one for $238. (The ebay auction that Vic mentioned, that I was already watching).

Anyone got a copy of the garmin mapsource metroguide CD, that I can *cough* buy *cough* cheap? PM me.
  4. I don't need GPS because everyone tells me where to go!
  5. I sell garmin product at my work will have a look and see how much I can do you one for, my work is in Beverly Hills "Town and Country Vehicle Accessories" I might be selling my emap soon if anyone is interested pm if you want anymore info

6. If you do, can you email/pm me, please? Johnny Appleseed has a special on at the moment for a Legend with an Australian map databse for about $357 or thereabouts. Ebay listings that I've found are about the same as J-A's prices without the maps. So, at the moment, there are no bargains on Ebay.

I have a basic Etrex (the yellow one) with a data cable that I'll probably flog on Ebay and use the proceeds to get a Legend.
  7. Guys do yourselves a favour and save your money for a while and wait for the Garmin i-Que 2 to be released in Australia, have a look on the garmin website for more info but these are a bargin for what they are estimated prices are said to be around the 800-1000 mark thats what i am currently waiting for pm for more info
  8. $1000 out of my range for a GPS.

All I want is some backup to make sure my map reading while touring is semi correct, the etrex legend for $300 is perfect.
  9. Me too. The Etrex does a nifty job of being a glorified trip computer. The model with the map, however, would be the icing on the cake for the price. Plus it will fit my existing handlebar mount and will use the same data cable and software that I presently use.

If nothing on Ebay or elsewhere presents itself as a bargain, I might go with the Johnny Appleseed special (Etrex Legend and Aust maps) for around $350 or thereabouts.
  10. For deals on GPS units, check out the Australian Geocaching Forum.

These guys pretty much know all there is to know about GPS's and a few of the people on there teach how to use them and some sell them.

Also a good spot to search for second hand units, or try and find "cheap" software.

Best of luck.

11. Hey Martian, http://www.olbis.com.au/ap_template/subcat_garmin.asp
    this place seems to have the cheapest price for the MapSource software.

From memory it was $200????
  12. Quest $1065

Street Pilot 2610 $1399

Street Pilot C320 $891

GPSMAP 276C $1309

These are the best prices I have come up with so far.
    I'll be buying one fo these earlynext week. Going to spend the next 3-4 days researching them all thoroughly.
  13. Speaking of Garmin Etrexes, my near new Etrex Legend has started to play up. While away this weekend on a bike trip it has decided to turn itself off without any warning.

I'm wondering if there are any Etrex owners out there who've seen this. I don't know whether it's a software issue or perhaps vibration has caused an electrical fault to develop.

Thing is, I can turn it back on straight away and depending on how many people in the world are farting at that particular moment, it may stay on, or it may turn itself back off again.

At one point, I had to physically remove the batteries, wait a few seconds before putting them back in before I could turn it back on again.

And no, it's not due to low battery power. That brings up a warning. And in any case, the batteries are good.

Since I bought it off Ebay, I'm wondering what my chances are of GEM Electrophone, the Aussie distributors fixing it under warranty...

I might use this as an excuse to get the Etrex Legend C. A mate bought one recently. Excellent screen colors, etc.
  14. What's an iQue-2? I looked at Garmin's site and I could ony find iQue M3, M4, M5, 3200 and 3600.