Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm looking at getting a wii...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by lowercase, Dec 17, 2007.

1. wii is better

2. ps3 is better

0 vote(s)
  1. Looking at getting a wii. Was wondering what would be some of the best games? I've already tried Zelda which is totally kick bottoms and also tried just the included sports pack along with a dodgy car game...
    Are the mario games any good?? I love super mario brothers, grew up with them... Are they just as good on the wii?
    And which is better? The wii or PS3??

2. Ps3 has better graphics and will have alot of very sweet games.. but its twice the price.

Get the wii, and the new mario, then lend it to me :)
  3. I was thinking of getting a console for the girls (6 + 5) worth the money?
  4. i am not a fan of the wii, when i sit down to play a computer game, i like to sit there and just relax with a beer or some other mix.......not get to the end of the game and need a drink :)
  5. I have a Wii, I find its a lot of fun. If you want to play against the family you need at least 2 controllers. The second controller came with the game "Wii play" which is aimed at the younger ages, although their cow racing game is quite amusing.

I only have "Wii Sports", "Sonic" and "Wii Play", but have heard the car racing cames are quite good

The Wii sports are good at parties with getting everyone involved.
  6. um well I am getting a WII for the kids at chrissy, but we already have a PS3 and a XBOX 360 so just completing the set. The games like golf and all that type are good for the family to play togethor. :grin:
  7. This is exactly what the gaming industry is targeting.

Each console has its part of the market in products that gamers love.

So to be satisfied you need to buy all the platforms.
  8. yep spot on. Bit like bikes, ya need a dirt one, a road one, a touring one etc.

Hurry up someone and bring out a motard video console! :grin: :grin: :grin: :LOL: :LOL:
  9. Depends on what type of games you want to play.

For FPS (shooters) the PS3 has way better graphics and control.

Car games - PS3 is much better. Tried to play need for speed on the wii and gave up - the controller was too difficult.

For fun kiddie games, wii is great.

The wii is great entertainment for non hardcore gamers, and wii sports is even more fun when you have been drinking :LOL:
  10. Its pretty hard to compare the Wii and PS3, both are such different console.

I would reccomend Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime, Mario Party 8 (for a bit of party game fun)
  11. Agree ... but I like the PS3 for the BluRay support, and the realism of the graphics ...
  12. wii all the way.
    appeals to everyone not just diehard, pale-skinned, vitamin D deficient, nerdy gamers :p :p :p
  13. And that's the market Nintendo have pretty much always gone after. Sony on the other hand have been chasing an older audience - though they owe a lot of their success to Polyphony (the people who make Gran Turismo).
  14. Although it should be noted that there are games out there that cater for an older audience: Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil UC, Scarface.

I had the cash to buy any console out there and I bought a Wii. When I think of the most enjoyable gameplay experiences it has to be with Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. Some games may be more childish but I think the gameplay is second to none on their titles.
  15. I have an XBOX 360 Elite and a PS3 and hopefully a Wii after xmas (Generous Wife). To be honest I wish I had not wasted the money on the PS3 and bought a Wii instead. PS3 is overrated and has a load of crappy games. Sony needs to get over the success of the PS1/2. More games that utilise the PS3's graphic capability would be a start in the right direction.

So I say get the Wii its great for groups and parties.
  16. Wii. For 3 simple reasons.

17. :beer:
  18. Go the Wii, get Wario and Resident Evil 4 and your life will be complete.

But at the end of the day you are comparing apples and oranges.
  19. Sweeeetttt :grin: Sorted.

Wii it is :grin:

thanks so much guys

i can't wait!!!!!