Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm in the market for a 600

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by martych, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Hello everyone,

As you can probably tell, I'm a newbie to the site. I currently own an XP500 (scooter), I know forgive me for I have sinned....anyway, I've finally seen the light and want to upgrade to a new 600, problem is, there's almost too many to choose from.

I'm really keen on the Kwaka er6-n / Yamaha FZ6N and Suzuki GSR600.

I'm drawn to the Kwaka firstly because its the new kid on the block, and the others have been around a while, BUT I have sat on it and it felt like being astride a 250, very small. I'm 6 foot tall and no lightweight at 95kg. Having said that though, most of my riding is commuting to and from work in the usual traffic, with some (10km) of freeway.

I've heard that the 4cyl Suzuki and Yamaha's are greater at higher revs but a bit of a drag in traffic, as there's lots of gear changes needed etc,.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any advice you may have.

Thanks, Marty
  2. Yeah if I were you I would be looking at the Gixxer 600 with a micron pipe.

Usually I'm a honda man, but for the last couple of years I have been rather dissappointed in the cbr. But I do like the Gixxer.
  3. Re: I'm in the market for a 600- BUT WHICH ONE ???

You sinned by owning a scooter? Didn't you see the "scooters" section here?

I'd be more inclined to get the ER6-f if I was going to get one. I really hate the look of the n. But that's me.

There's certainly plenty of 600s around, like the GSX-Rs and the Honda CBRs and the Yammy R6s.

Test ride them and see what you like the best.
  4. Given that you're looking at 600's - cast your eye over the Gixxer 750. It's not a huge step up from the 600 in size but in PLEASURE it is certainly a winner. My mate has one and has just finished running it in. The stupid grin on his face can be attributed to the Gixxer 750 - test ride one and see if you can wipe the smile away.
  5. dont forget to take into account of the sv650 and the hyosung equivilent, they r great:D

what is the criteria, sounds like just around town dutys?? if so i recomend the er6, its soooo sexxxy!!!!
  6. I personally would take a SV650n..non of the other 600 nake bikes really gets me going.

A CB900 maybe? beefy suspension, frame, and everything but get a post '05 version with fully adjustable suspusion...just in case u need it
  7. Re: I'm in the market for a 600- BUT WHICH ONE ???

z750? big frame, upright riding position, gear changes are very lazy if you're in a slack mood.
  8. Thanks for the replies,

Probably should have said....only want to spend 10k and only really like the nakeds. A bigger bike would probably be something I'll look at in the future, but for now a 600 will suit me fine.
    (Want new, mainly for the warranty etc,....been caught out buying second hand stuff before)
  9. +1 vote for the er6n silver :grin: :drool:
  10. I'd consider the ninja 650 as well, not as fast as the zxr models but looks hawt and comfy as hell.

11. The FZ6N is a sweet bike.
  12. maaaaaate, you need to get the CBR, there is no other option :LOL:
  13. as an owner of a sv 650 I would have to say they are a top little bike and if ya gonna ride in traffic then the v twin is the go cause ya dont have to rev the hell out of it to get it and keep it going. My two cents
  14. The ER6N is the best looking of the 600 nakes, but the GSR600 works better as an all round bike.
  15. mate, we can forgive you for riding a scooter...but will you forgive yourself if you buy a slowuzki ?? :LOL: :wink:
  16. Thank God, i thought this was going to be another "WhIcH 600cc sUpaSporT is teh bestest!!??" thread!
  17. Suzuki GSR600

It isn't a drag in traffic, quite good actually.

Sure it revs out to a 14000rpm redline, there's plenty of usable torque happening from 3000rpm onwards given that the engine is a GSXR-600 job detuned for more fun happening in the low/midrange.

I've not been a fan of twins so it was going to be an inline 4 for me. I'm 6'2" and the bike fits perfectly.
  18. Thanks for the info and advice.

I've finally ridden the Kwaka and Suzuki. Intended on riding the Yamaha, but once I reluctantly got off the GSR, I knew my mind was made up.

The Kwaka, whilst arguably the best looking of the 3 was a bit small and vibrated a bit much for my liking. The smoother Suzi seemed a far more comfortable ride + smoother gearbox etc,.

The Yamaha isn't a contender as its been around too long and while I'm sure its a great bike, the GSR beats it hands down for value and style (I think anyway).

Anyway, thanks again for the advice. Just got to get rid of a couple of surplus toys, in time for the release of the '07 model.
  19. I guess you've made up your mind now, but Deafwish has a yummy 600 Hornet with all sorts of good bits on it, and very well sorted. Just not new, is all....
  20. Get a K5 GSXR600, there the best looking gixxer