Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm in Love!!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mkey, Aug 6, 2007.

1. After many days, months, Years, I have finnally found the bike for me.

the Ducati S2R 800 :cool:

I had my heart set on the Ducati 695 when it came out, But after some bad run in's with the previous Ducati dealer here in Cairns I gave up on that Idea, I have been stumbling from bike to bike, I considered the Z750, ER-6n, Bandit 1250s, FZ6n and on and on the list went, but I never found anything that did it for me like the Monsters.

So about 4 weeks ago I am passing a place that has been selling Jetski's and ATV's for a number of years (Cairns Pitstop Motorcycles) and spotted a couple of new signs being put up, Ducati signs!!!

Had last week off and wandered in to see what was going on, met Joel (the sales manager) he answered all my questions about the 695, Met the Mechanic who does the service work, overall I got a great vibe from this place.

I was ready to take the plunge and order a 695

Then I spotted an S2R 800 sitting in the corner, I had seen it on the web, never liked the look of it, but seeing it here in the metal, I fell in love!
    Loved the look, loved the feel, had a go and it was just right!
    We have just sold our house and with a small portion of the funds I am going in to order a brand spanking new S2R 800.

Sorry to go on, But I'm so happy I am finnally going to get a Monster,
    Loved them from the second I saw the 1st one many years ago.

Just had to share, I can't wait! :twisted:
  2. Congratulations! The S2R is a really lovely bike, the single sided swing-arm almost a piece of art.

I have no doubt that you'll love the Duke, when it's what you have your heart set on there really isn't anything else that can come close.
  3. The S2R is a wonderful bike congrats :)

And the 800 size if a bit of a sweet spot... it has usably more power and torque than the smaller 620 and is less harsh than the 1000 (and a fair bit less $ too which doesn't hurt).