Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Im giggling like a freaking school girl!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by FormerUser2, Jun 14, 2005.

1. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

2. see, I'd be happier going to that region in about February and getting freshies in some sick powder !
  3. Looks good Marty but I wouldn't want to be riding down them quite as much as going up.

What bike are you taking, do you know yet?

Better pack some knee-sliders with bends like that!

4. sssssssssssssssswwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D :D :D
  5. Awesome stuff!!

:D :D
  6. That'll be one sickly grin the moment when you stand up there and look down...Promise!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    Best part is...down that pass, up the next...down that one, up the next...ALL DAY LONG. And if there are any connecting bits....they're like the Reefton. :D :D

After 6 weeks of that, the Reefton has truly slipped off the bottom of the list.
  7. Damn , sweet roads . Lucky b$#%^%d. :D
  8. Hmm VTR heaven :twisted:
  9. Should be an awesome trip - those pictures give me vertigo just looking at them. stick a camcorder of some sort to your helmet and record it all.
  10. Get enough footage and make it a video night when you get back.
  11. hehe. I driven some of those same roads in a mates rally prepped Opel Manta GT500. Second best fun I've ever had in a car (the Nürburgring in the same GT500 takes first).

Watch for gravel on the apexes and on the outside leading up to corners, particularly after the snow clears. It's bought onto the road when vehicles pull wide to let people pass (particularly if there are busses or trucks on the road).

Also, right after the snow melts there is occasionally some cracks appear in the road due to frozen groundwater melting and the road subsiding slightly.

In general though it's very high quality and clean tarmac. You'll have a blast but you'll want some torque.
  12. Right on the money :D .
    Torque and engine-braking. Both... engine braking even more important.
    The reason, the Euros love their twins and singles rather than sporties.
    And with all those bends all day long, something that's easy to handle with wider bars, sitting more upright to keep the weight of shoulders and wrists.....presto, Enduros / chookies are the bikes of choice.
  13. All this and no marsupials. Marty heaven.
  14. Holy Apex Batman!!

So much to look at apart from the road!
  15. Check these websites out. This first one sounds like what you are after. I fyou scroll the page abit there are brackets which allow a normal camcorder to be mounted. Or you could just go the conventional hemlet cam or twenty20 bike mounted camera.

16. Did you want a smack upside-the-head now or when you get back? :p

Lucky son-of-a...