Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm back!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by wizzardofaus, Jul 13, 2008.

1. G'day all,
    I am very happy to announce that after about 2 and a half years, due to economic reasons(petrol costs), I finally once again have my own bike.

Thank god for the price of petrol!

Due to our very limited budget I couldnt afford anything too flash, but I managed to get a good deal anyway.

On Tuesday I picked up a 1893 Honda CBX750f with 12 months reg and only 16000 on the clock (grey import) for $4000.

So I have dusted off my helmet (literally) and am on the road again.

may see some of you at coffee night some time.
  2. Welcome Back Jason !!
    I'd be careful your bike is up to Today's Standards mate, they are built a little differently than they were in 1893 :shock:

3. :LOL: I KNEW Honda were great innovators, but this could re-write the history books!

No, it's all good, great to be back on two wheels, I bet :).
  4. Welcome back.
    I'm glad I got my username years ago :LOL:
  5. You may have been away but rules are rules, when it comes to new bikes

Nothing wrong with a mid-80s air-cooled 750, though if you bought it to save fuel I'm guessing you used to have a fairly large car ;).
  6. thanks for the welcome back.
    here is a picture

and yes jd the bike is replacing an eb falcon wagon in which we get about 450kms out of a 70 litre tank.
  7. Looks good, I particularly like the wheels :cool:.

8. geez that is one old bike(yeah i got a bad sense of humour)but well done on getting back on 2 wheels
  9. Would that be the steam driven model :?: :p (i just couldnt resist)
    welcome back and enjoy and enjoy the bike. :)