Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'm back with a new bike!!! :D

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Peregrine, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Howdy everybody!

Long time no log on... Just letting you guys know, nothing much is new, I'm still in Canberra slaving endlessly away for the government.

Anyway, this weekend was supposed to be the weekend where I decided whether or not to stay in the Army... instead I went out and bought a 97 VTR1000!!! :D :D
    Finally, I don't have to ride the ZZR anymore! I'm so excited! I'm just waiting to pick up the bike tomorrow when the money transfer goes through.

So, now that I'm upto my ears in debt, I've realised that I'm forced to stay in the Army to pay the bike off lol. Ironic isn't it?

BTW, it's red with carbon fibre pipes, steering damper, rack, few other extras, and 61,000km on the clock for $6.3k. And it sounds absolutely awesome :)

Go the V-Twins! :D
  2. Hey Peregrine, great to hear from you, and great news about buying the new bike. Not so sure that it's great news about signing on again; the last time I did that my boss immediately tried to post me to Melbourne and it took six months to get out.

Have a great next three years, and stock up on winter woolies for riding in Canberra weather.....
  3. Hey dude, good to hear from ya again Sounds like your in a position alot like mine :LOL:

Congrats on the new bike, sounds like a beauty!

You were doing officer training yeah?
  4. Peregrin, awesome stuff mate. I too picked up a VTR1000 with some ultra loud cans (well they are now)

fun bike ey?
  5. Yup, can't wait to take it out for a nice long ride to get used to her tomorrow :)

I've got 1 little problem with the bike though, I've noticed that when I take off from a standing start, when I release the clutch at a normal rate, the clutch will disengage then engage again, really quickly, enough to make the bike jolt when I take off. Anyone have any ideas to what it could be? Cheers.

I've 7 months and 20 days of pain/Duntroon left Mik, and then apparently i'll be an officer (hah!). It's only taken 3.5 years. Your R6 is beautiful too :) How's your application going?
  6. Which ones that? Ive got a really bad memory, so if we were talkin bout somethin when you were last here ive forgotten :p
  7. Weren't you going to join the Army or have I made a total fool out of myself? lol
  8. great pick up mate :grin:

cheers :cool:
  9. I believe Mik's been in the Army about 4 years but the application was for a transfer to QLD or Darwin??
  10. Ive been in the army for just under 5 years now i think. Yeah recently ive been tryin to get somewhere up north where i might actually get a decent chance of some more OS trips but seems im stuck here...
  11. Edit... Somehow quoted my own post :oops:
  12. Congrats Peregrine ad welcome to the wonderful world of V-Twins!!!!

As to your problem, I'd say get rid of the Honda and buy a REAL twin :wink: :p :LOL: